The County of Brant Cemetery hours for the Christmas Holidays are as follows:
- December 23 - Friday - Open from 8:00am - 12:00 noon. The office will be closed the rest of the day.
- December 25-27 - Closed
- December 28 & 29 - Open
- December 30 - Friday - Open from 8:00am - 12:00 noon.
The office will be closed the rest of the day.
- January 1 & 2 - Closed
- January 3 - Tuesday - Open
The County of Brant manages 11 active cemeteries where burial services are offered year round.
Throughout the County there are 25 inactive cemeteries where loved ones are honoured. Much of Brant's history is commemorated by the settlers that rest in our cemeteries.
The Margaret Graham Memorial Chapel in Paris is available services by families for services at no charge. The chapel can seat 80 people.
The County of Brant
is located at:
116 King Edward Street
Paris, ON N3L 3E3
Business Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cemetery bylaws govern the operation of county cemeteries.
Read the cemetery bylaw for more detailed information.
For those who are interested in finding a family member, genealogy requests are accepted at the Cemetery Office. To conduct a search of records the following information is required:
- Name of the cemetery
- Full name of the person
- Date or approximate year of death
Some of the records on file for cemeteries are not complete, therefore we may not be able to provide you with the information you request. Please call 519-442-3822 for information. The following resources will also assist you in your family history research:
- Online cemetery records for thousands of cemeteries world-wide - www.interment.net
- Brant County Genealogical Society - 519-753-4140
- The Paris Museum and Historical Society - 519-442-9295
- The Burford Township Historical Society - 519-449-1792
- The South Dumfries Historical Society - 519-448-3265
- The County of Brant Public Library online historical collection and local history book collections - www.brantlibrary.ca