background image
Skip to content

We offer a variety of map options on the site.

Maps Brant You may choose to view a dynamic interactive map system with numerous mapping layers that can be turned on as needed. Or, you may select from maps from the gallery, which have been prepared to promote or highlight locations and specific information across the County of Brant.

Interactive Maps

Gain access to a vast amount of information on this mapping site anytime or anywhere. The mapping solution is widely available on many devices that support web browsing.

Launch the Map App

Map Gallery

View and download maps prepared to promote events, trails and locations across the County.

Full County of Brant Map
View More maps...

Frozen Water Services

I think my water service is frozen - what do I do?

The first step is to try to determine if it is your indoor plumbing that has frozen. Try running different cold water taps throughout your home. If more that one has running water while others don't, your issue is likely internal. You should call a plumber or review the question.

If you find that all water service to your home has stopped, or you aren't sure where the problem is, contact the County of Brant Water Division:

  • Regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm) call 519.449.2451;
  • After hours and holidays call 519.449.2451 and follow the prompts as provided.

The County will work with you to determine where the cause of the frozen service is located, including, where necessary, conduting an on-site investigation. Please note that due to the high volume of calls, investigations may be delayed until the following day if the issue is reported after 3:00 pm. We request your patience as we respond to this emerging issue.

If you are a tenant, your landlord must contact the County about issues with water service. Please contact your landlord if you are having problems with frozen water service.

What can I do to protect myself from frozen water service?

How can I get water?

Can I drink the water from my temporary line?

How long will it take to fix my water service?

Who is responsible for water service lines? Who pays for the work to restore or provide temporary water service?

My water service or pipes froze; what precautions do I need to take to protect my home?

Why has my water service frozen?

What can I do if my household pipes freeze?

How can I reduce the risk of frozen water service pipes?

How can I correct frozen pipe problems permanently?

*Please note: Only those who are requested to run their taps by the County will be compensated for this increased use. Customers running taps to prevent frozen indoor plumbing will be responsible for resulting water use charges.

Some content for this page was modified from content by the City of Guelph, the City of Greater Sudbury, the City of Calgary and the City of Ottawa.


County Contacts

26 Park Avenue, Burford, ON N0E 1A0
Phone: 519-449-2451
Toll Free: 1-888-250-2295
Fax: 519-449-2454
Monday - Friday - 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 160
Burford, ON
N0E 1A0

Property Tax
26 Park Avenue, Burford, ON N0E 1A0
Phone: 519-449-2451
Toll Free: 1-888-250-2295
Fax: 519-449-1380
Monday - Friday - 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 249
Burford, ON
N0E 1A0