Our zoning bylaw controls the use of land in the community, including:
- How land may be used
- Where buildings and structures can be located
- Types of buildings permitted/ how they may be used
- Lot sizes and dimensions, parking requirements, building heights and setbacks from the street
Schedule 'A' Mapping
Five Year Comprehensive Review of the Zoning By-Law
With the approval of the New Official Plan by Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing in 2012 and the requirement under Section 26 of the Planning Act to update the related zoning by-law, the Five Year Comprehensive Zoning By-Law Review has been completed by the County of Brant.
The Comprehensive Zoning By-Law addresses the following issues:
- Implementation of the policies of the Current Official Plan.
- Consistency with the Provincial Policies including the Planning Act and the Provincial Planning Statement.
- Ensure that development is based on consistent and equitable standards.
- Create land use regulations.
- Update Mapping.
Zoning By-Law 61-16- Five Year Review Documents
Final Draft Documents
Notice of Passing
Final Draft Zoning By-Law- Statutory Public Meeting Notice
Final Draft Zoning By-Law- Text Document
Final Draft Zoning By-Law-PAC Report
Final Draft Presentation
Final Draft Zoning By-Law- Schedule "A"
Second Draft Zoning By-Law Documents
Second Draft Zoning By-Law Text
Second Draft Zoning Key Map & Schedules
PA-31A-Second Draft Report-September 1 2015
Second Draft Planning Advisory Presentation- September 1 2015
Response to First Draft Questions
Second Draft Powerpoint Presentation-October 2015
Aviotect International- City of Brantford Airport Mapping
Current Obstacle Limitation Surfaces
Current Obstacle Limitation Surfaces In Airport Vacinity
Year 2015 Noise Exposure Mapping
Year 2034 Noise Exposure Projection
Airport Projection Overlay Zone
First Draft Related Reports and Notices
If you require alternate formats of the above listed documents please contact the Planning Department.
For more information about zoning see our planning and development section.
For enforcement complaints contact Bylaw Enforcement.