A niche is a compartment for the permanent placement of cremated remains. An arrangement of niches is called a columbarium. The Grand is located at the Paris Cemetery.
Locations & Rates
We are currently selling lots in the following County Cemeteries: Paris,
St. George, Mt. Pleasant, Oakland, Scotland, Burford, Pioneer, Northfield,
Please refer to the current fees and charges bylaw schedule for current rates.
All prices are subject to change without notice.
Burial Sites of Loved Ones
The archives of the County of Brant Cemeteries are presently being computerized.
To conduct a search, we require:
- the name of the Cemetery
- the full name of the person you are looking for, and
- the date or approximate year of death.
Some of the records received for rural cemeteries are not complete;
therefore, we may not be able to provide you with the information you
call 519-442-3822 for information. The following resources will
also assist you in your family history research:
- Brant County Genealogical Society at 519-753-4140
- The Paris Museum and Historical Society 519-442-9295
- The Burford Township Historical Society at 519-449-1792 (Clayton Barker)
- The County of Brant Public Library online historical collection and local history book
collections at www.brant.library.on.ca
You can place artificial or live flowers on the lots at any time and
they can remain until they become unsightly, at which time Cemetery
remove them. We will hold the artificial flowers for 30 days, at which
time if they are not picked up they will be disposed of.
The County of Brant Municipal Cemeteries offer the following extra special
- Memorial Trees
- Memorial Park Benches
Installing a Marker or Foundation
The procedure to have a marker or foundation installed in all Brant County
Cemeteries is as follows:
- Check with the Cemetery Office (519-442-3822) to see what is allowed
on the lot or grave you own.
- Price the marker or monument with area monument dealers.
- Choose the marker or monument from the dealer.
- Pay the dealer for the monument. They will in turn pay the Cemetery
for the foundation installation.
If you have any questions about Cemetery Services, the County of Brant
Municipal Cemeteries office can be reached by telephone at 519-442-3822
or we can set up an appointment at the cemetery of your choice with a
Complaints can be made by calling 519-442-3822. Please have the name
of the Cemetery, the section and the lot number in order to facilitate
the processing of your complaint in a timely fashion.